IHC Hockey offers a full range of player representation services to our clients. With our over twenty-five years of player placement and advising experience, and over thirty years of hockey business experience, we have positioned ourselves as the leader in player development and player exposure. We have an outstanding reputation of servicing our players as well as placing pre-scouted quality hockey players into every junior and professional hockey league. From the early stages of your career, through your final game, we will be available to assist you with your training, development, placement decisions, exposure, financial planning, legal assistance, taxes, and player promotion.
– We specialize in North American and European Professional Hockey Placement and Representation.
– Junior and College Player Placement and Advising
– We operate Junior & College Expsoure Camps and Pro Free Agent Camps to recruit and showcase junior, college, and pro prospects.
JUNIOR & COLLEGE PLACEMENT / ADVISING
A young player can not technically hire the services of an agent because of the NCAA college eligibily rules. However, for a young hockey player to make well thought, educated decisions, it is almost necessary to have an advisor. IHC Hockey Management provides junior and college advising, as well as player placement. We provide our players exposure and visibility, and try to match each individual player with the school and/or team, which will provide him or her the best and most opportune situation for him or her. We also provide academic, training, and nutrition advice and consulting throughout your career.
– Professional Hockey Player Association (PHPA) Certified
– Over thirty-three years of hockey development and player placement business
– We provide our players a better opportunity to improve as a player through our hockey school and training resources
– We provide our players more exposure through our contacts and experience
The Difference Between an Advisor and an Agent
The Family Advisor essentially performs similar duties as an agent, but due to very strict NCAA regulations preventing a student-athlete from having an agent, the “Family Advisor” term is used so the student-athlete can keep his options open.
A Family Advisor must be paid for his time and services and they are prohibited from being rewarded for securing a scholarship.
• Young athletes, referred to as “prospective student-athletes” (PSAs), are not permitted to have agents who market their hockey skills or negotiate with professional teams on their behalf. The definition of a professional team includes major junior teams (NCAA bylaw 188.8.131.52.4).
• (PSAs) may not have written or oral agreements with agents. This includes agreements for future representation.
• Family members of (PSAs) are not permitted to have written or oral agreements with agents.
• (PSAs) are not permitted to accept benefits from agents, such as money, meals, clothing, hockey equipment, or other things of value.
• (PSAs) and their families are permitted to have advisors to offer guidance and advice, so long as that advisor does not market his or her client’s hockey skills or negotiate with professional teams on behalf of the client.
• If a (PSA) or his/her family uses the services of an advisor, he must compensate that advisor in an amount equal to the services provided. A modest annual fee is recommended.
IHC HOCKEY MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS
PRO FREE AGENT CAMP
IHC Hockey Management will be holding their 22nd Pro Free Camp on June 24th and June 25th in Jamestown, New York. The IHC Pro Free Agent Camp is open to players 19 years of age and older who want to get exposure to minor league professional scouts and coaches. For more information, contact Bob Gergerich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-835-3801.
TEAM IHC AAA TOURNAMENT TEAMS
IHC Hockey Management will be assembling AAA teams for Bantam, Midget, and Junior age players, to participate in highly scouted spring and summer tournaments such as the Pre-Draft Showcase in May, and the Chowder Cup Tournaments in July. IHC Hockey provides high intense practices, player advisement, two jerseys, and an opportunity to showcase your talents at some of the most well scouted tournaments in North America. For more information, contact Bob Gergerich at 412-835-3801, or email@example.com.
23 January, 2017
Comments Off on IHC Added Hockey Schools To: Bethel Park, PA; Kittanning, PA; Jamestown, NY
We believe that young hockey players really don’t care what you know, until they know how much you care. While we realize that we can influence the attitudes and habits of our students both on and off the ice, we try to make this influence a very positive one. We teach all of our skills in progressive steps and put great emphasis on positive reinforcement.